Research & Outreach Intern (remote, paid)
Cure CLCN4 is looking for a driven and talented individual to join the team as an intern. This internship role will focus on supporting the charity’s activities, from research projects to outreach activities, all of which are key to advancing our goals and connecting, educating, and supporting the CLCN4 community.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Research Program Manager, the successful applicant will be involved in the following activities:
- Assist the Research Manager with research-related activities (seeking funding opportunities, organisation of our annual conference, and assisting with current research projects)
- Assist in the planning and production of content for the charity’s communications channels (website, social media, newsletter).
- Content translation (if the applicant speaks languages other than English)
- Design, implementation, and monitoring of fundraising events.
- This is an exceptional opportunity to build new networks, and obtain experience in the research, rare disease, and non-profit sector.
- Having a positive impact on families living with this condition.
- The possibility to work remotely.
- Pay of £85/day and work commitment of 8 hours a week (allowing you to easily combine this position with your studies).
What we are looking for
- A background in Biology/Medicine (we are ideally looking for someone who is at least in the 2nd year of their undergraduate course, or above).
- An individual who measures success by the impact they can make to the lives of these patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Fluency in languages other than English (particularly Italian, French, and Portuguese) is a plus.
- A commitment to a one-year internship.
- The candidate must have the right to work in the UK
Overall, applicants should demonstrate a passion for scientific research, excellent organizational skills, and a commitment to contribute positively to our mission.
How to apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV at firstname.lastname@example.org , and provide a short cover email telling us about your motivation and relevant skills and experience. Applications are open until 1st September 2023.