Volunteer Opportunity (remote, unpaid)
Cure CLCN4 is looking for a driven and talented individual to join the team as an intern/volunteer. Join us for the exceptional opportunity to build new networks, and obtain experience in the rare disease, and non-profit sector.
This internship role will focus on supporting the charity’s outreach and fundraising activities, which are key to advancing our research goals and connecting, educating and supporting the CLCN4 community and beyond. Under the supervision and guidance of the Research Program Manager, the successful applicant will be involved in the following activities:
- Design, implementation and monitoring of fundraising events.
- Production of educational and fundraising content
- General administrative support.
- If the applicant speaks languages other than English, help with translation of content (ideally to Italian, French, Portuguese)
- Depending on the applicant’s experience/interest in science, there will also be an opportunity to learn about the biology of CLCN4 and the fundamentals of scientific and medical research.
While gaining invaluable experience, the intern will have the opportunity to positively impact affected families, many of whom have young children with this condition. Cure CLCN4 is based in London UK, however, this position will allow candidates to work remotely in order to support the goals of Cure CLCN4.
Who we are looking for
• An individual who measures success by the impact they can make to the lives of these patients.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good standard of education – A-levels or above.
• Strong IT skills
• Fluency in English plus another language (Italian, French, Portuguese)
• A background in Science (e.g. A-level Biology or above) is preferable but not essential.